Once a time-consuming and complicated process, DNA testing in Portland OR has become so accessible that experts worry families and individuals may not be properly prepared for the results.
What can you do to prepare for the results:
- Prepare for all outcomes. Consult a mental health professional or other trusted person and ask for support.
- Remember that this is not just a routine blood test. This can be an emotionally charged time for all parties.
- Keep in mind that there is a child who’s life may be seriously impacted by the results.
- Know your rights. You may want to consult an attorney to insure you choose the right DNA test if you plan to use the results in a legal setting.
- Take time to ask questions of your Genetic Consultant to insure that you schedule a time and place that works for all parties.